Carmel Valley Ranch a summer-camp-inspired resort set on 500 sunny acres on California’s Central Coast, debuted a resort-wide reimagination on June 15 that is designed to elevate the pursuit of play. Enhancements include the addition of The Market and Creamery—new interactive spaces with artisan treats, products, tastings and programming in the main lodge—along with refreshed guest suites that feature smart-room technology, renovated meeting/event rooms and facilities, golf clubhouse updates, and a new reception lobby and boutique at Spa Aiyana.
“We are thrilled to ‘re-imagine’ Carmel Valley Ranch with these new and refreshed spaces and amenities,” said Managing Director Matt Bailey. “These enhancements are the result of many months of hard work, and speak to our commitment toward creating an ever inspiring and playful experience for our guests.
- The Market and Creamery – The Market is a place to gather, learn, and taste hand-crafted treats, as artisans including our master gardener, beekeeper, fisherman, and more host demonstrations and tastings. Curate a picnic basket with their bounty, grab an espresso, socialize over wine and beer, or sample honey from our famous beehives—this is one market where nobody’s in a rush to check out. At the adjacent Creamery, milk from The Ranch’s goats is transformed into cheese “imported” all the way from the pasture out back. It’s more than just something to savor; it’s an immersive experience, with surprise pop-up tastings, pairings, and demonstrations from resident cheesemaker Charlie Cascio.
- Guest Suite Refresh – Carmel Valley Ranch has reimagined its inviting all-suite accommodations, inspired by the textures and colors of the surrounding landscape. Highlights include enhanced interiors with new furnishings crafted by local artisans; stylish dining nooks that complement refined living room areas; and a seamless connection between indoors and out on private decks where guests can enjoy the valley’s beauty. Guest suites also feature new smart-room technology along with temperature and lighting systems that allow guests to personalize their experience.
- Golf Clubhouse – The Carmel Valley Ranch Golf Clubhouse features spectacular views of a Pete Dye-designed course and the valley, as well as a large patio with fire pits and seating. The refreshed space creates a relaxed, social atmosphere with warm interiors that include sophisticated new furnishings and an expanded bar. The stylish new ambiance reflects the vibrancy and the vibe of the Carmel Valley, which also makes it a fantastic event space.
- Spa Reception & Boutique – A new reception and boutique at Spa Aiyana, nestled in the treetops and inspired by fragrant gardens, reflects the spa’s commitment to utilizing the healing powers of the earth. Now, an experience bar invites guests to sample organic, luxury skincare products from Arcona Los Angeles and HydroPeptide that align with the Spa Aiyana philosophy. Guests also can browse new spa lifestyle offerings, swimwear, accessories and more.
- Meeting Rooms Refresh – A refresh of all indoor event spaces brings the rich natural textures and colors of the Carmel Valley to gathering spots for groups, personalized meetings and social events. The revitalized indoor areas, combined with outdoor venues such as the magnificent Organic Garden and the Vineyard Lawn, offer nearly 10,000 square feet for meetings, weddings, and celebrations. The Ranch is California’s most compelling resort for groups, with group activities such as beekeeping, falconry, night golf, hilltop yoga, the “Amazing Race”-inspired Ranch Race, and more.
- New Programming – A collection of new activities—including the ultimate falconry experience and hatchet throwing — join an already-bursting menu of activities and adventures that invite guests to explore this 500-acre resort playground.
- Falconry – Guests can get up close and personal with nature’s Top Gun, the peregrine falcon; meet the stealthy, stately great horned owl; and even tremble with excitement as a majestic hawk launches from a nearby tree and dives to the guest’s extended glove (under the supervision of Master Falconer Antonio Balestreri, of course). Balestreri leads this introduction to falconry which covers the concept of raptor conservation and the role that birds of prey play in our environment. It’s an unforgettable, exhilarating experience, including plenty of photo opportunities and memories to last a lifetime.
- Nocturnal Nights – Ever wonder how bats echolocate or owls soar so silently? Guests can take on the night with a twilight stroll with Carmel Valley Ranch naturalists. This family-friendly activity invites participants to test their night vision while exploring the many variations of The Ranch’s nocturnal residents. Nocturnal Nights includes a light guided hike up the Horseshoe Loop trail, followed by some glow-in-the-dark fun!
- Hatchet Throwing – It’s the best of both worlds—one of Canada’s most unique national pastimes combined with warm, sunny Carmel Valley weather. Guests can tap into their inner lumberjack (or Jill) and sharpen their axe-throwing skills. Sobriety is required, but the flannel and beards? Those are totally optional.
- Junior Naturalist Camp – Little ones will love exploring the resort’s 500 acres through the lens of a naturalist in this educational excursion full of interactive activities geared toward wilderness exploration and ecology. Junior Naturalists gain a new understanding and appreciation of their environment—while feeding the need for adventure, too.
It’s nice to see that Joie de Vivre Hotels—a Hyatt brand has taken over and refurbished the entire Carmel Valley Ranch Resort. I was there a year ago and I was not impressed at all. The bathrooms were dirty and when entering the entire staff was on their phones and not paying attention to guest wanting to ask questions. The food was below average along with the service. I’m excited to give it another try and head over to see the renovations and service.